Where’s the Roatan Nightlife?
Looking for Roatan nightlife? You came to the right spot! Although most don’t travel to Roatan to experience the nightlife, there are a few options to let loose and have some vacation fun. If you are looking for Roatan night clubs and elaborate dance parties, you’ll probably be a little disappointed. If an active beach bar with live music sounds like a great time, you’re in luck!
Chances are you are probably staying in the West Bay or West End area of Roatan. Of the two, West End will have more options for some fun Roatan nightlife. Out a night, you will mostly run into retirees/expats, couples on vacation, divers and backpackers. Lot’s of variety and a little bit something for everyone!
West Bay “Nightlife” Options
I put “nightlife” in quotes because it’s pretty quiet in West Bay. The areas caters more towards families and those that are looking to retire early for the night. However, don’t get me wrong – along the whole beach you will find restaurants and bars that are fun. Beachers is probably the best example of this. They close pretty early, though, 9pm or 10pm is likely the longest the lights will be on.
Looking for some more options in West Bay? Check out my post highlighting my favorite West Bay Roatan restaurants and bars.
West End, The True Roatan Nightlife Option
If you are looking for bars a little later then 9pm/10pm, West End is your best bet. Although during the week you may find it a little quiet, the weekend is when people come out to play.
- Sundowners Beach Bar. This is where would want to start the night. The crowd starts here and moves on to the other bars as the night progresses. Between 6pm and 8pm is a great time to be there, but usually the close around 9pm. Live like a local and grab a Monkey La La or two, Roatan’s signature cocktail.
- The Blue Marlin. Karaoke night is especially active on Thursday night. It usually starts around 8pm and goes until midnight and the crowd is into it the entire time. If you plan to sign, make sure you add your name to Karaoke list early!
- Nova. A good late night spot. DJ and good dancing most nights. It’s small, but probably the busiest place late at night. Music is usually of the dance/techno, but there is some variety as well.
- Frank’s Cigar Bar. If dancing isn’t your thing, and you’d rather relax, smoke and have a beer than Frank’s Cigar Bar is your best bet!
- Booty Bar. Full dance floor on the weekends with a great variety of music.
Remember, Roatan Nightlife =/= Cancun
Don’t forget, you’re not in Cancun. If you are looking to party until the suns comes up and go crazy Monday through Friday, than Roatan is not the place for you. The nightlife in Roatan is more relaxed and few and bar between, but with this list you can find enough to have a good time. Enjoy!