Original source: http://www.littlefrenchkey.com/
Located on the Southern side of Roatan and about 45 minutes from West Bay and only a few minutes from the cruise ship dock, The Little French Key is a private island resort open to day visitors. It has a little bit of everything – excursions and activities perfect for adults, children, those looking to relax and sunbathe or those that need a jetski to enjoy themselves.
What Can You Do on The Little French Key?
You can experience the following activities on Roatan’s Little French Key:
- Three Restaurants, with two on the water
- Bars, some of which you can swim up to
- Warm white sand beaches
- Crystal clear shallow waters, perfecting for snorkeling
- Scuba diving
- Hammocks fore resting, relaxing or reading
- Kayaks, paddle boards
- A small private zoo, with jaguars and lions
- Fly boarding (Where you can fly in the sea with water shooting out of your boots)
- Jump into the water from high platforms
How Much Will It Cost?
There are a variety of different packages, and you can add on to them when you get there. The entry level Island Discover Package starts at $55 a person. This gives you transportation and access to the private island and access to the zoo. Full Island Package Plus gives for $98 a person gives you an additional free lunch, 2 drinks, and unlimited access to kayaks, snorkel gear, and paddle boards as well as a private snorkel tour. Click here to see the full list of Little French Key packages.
Just recently, Little French Key opened a beach house to rent out if you want to stay longer then a day.
How Do I Get There?
Traveling from a cruise ship: Drivers will wait wait outside the ship terminal. First exit the terminal, make a left and head straight until you see the tour operators.
From West Bay/West End/Elsewhere: Little French Key will provide round trip transportation. Contact them for more details.
I would recommend booking a reservation in advance. Little French key is closed on Mondays, but open Tuesday through Thursday.
Email: [email protected]
Hours: 9am to 10pm
The Guide includes:
- Roatan secrets only the locals know
- Hand-drawn maps to help you navigate West Bay
- Detailed information about the best resorts, restaurants, and activities
- Money saving tips for Roatan
- And MORE!